st: Append existing columns using outreg2

From   Hilary Robbins <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Append existing columns using outreg2
Date   Thu, 30 May 2013 16:44:31 -0400

Hello,

I am using outreg2 to export the results of many Cox models with
different independent variables. For each model, I am exporting the
same quantities (hazard ratio, p-value, confidence intervals). When I
run successive models and append the excel file, outreg2 adds new
columns for each Cox model, but I want to add downward (i.e. add the
results to the existing columns for hazard ratio, p-value, and
confidence interval). The new columns create an enormous amount of
empty space in the excel file such that I cannot, for instance, sort
the results from all the models by p-value.

How can I append to the already existing columns using outreg2? Here
is an example of what I'm trying to do, but in reality there are many
more Cox models:

stcox age gender var1
outreg2 using test, excel stats(coef ci pval) sideway eform cti(hr)
noobs noaster keep(var1) replace

stcox age gender var2
outreg2 using test, excel stats(coef ci pval) sideway eform cti(hr)
noobs noaster keep(var2) append

Thank you!