Re: st: Function MONTHS

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Function MONTHS
Date   Thu, 30 May 2013 17:29:14 +0100

Anyone interested in computing differences in months, years, ... from
daily dates ight like also to note

. ssc desc personage

package personage from http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/p

TITLE
      'PERSONAGE': module to calculate people's ages or similar daily
date differences

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)

       personage is designed in the first instance for calculations of
      people's ages from data on their birth date and some "current"
      daily date. A new variable is generated containing age in
      (completed) years; and new variables may be generated containing
      (1) time since last birthday in days and (2) length of the
      current year. Nothing stops application to any problem requiring
      completed years, and optionally extra days, as a representation
      of the difference between two daily dates.

      KW: age
      KW: dates

      Requires: Stata version 8.2

      Distribution-Date: 20130205