Re: st: Function MONTHS

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: Function MONTHS
Date   Thu, 30 May 2013 10:00:45 -0400

gen nummonths=mofd(date2)-mofd(date1)

On 5/30/2013 9:09 AM, carmen gamarra wrote:
hi people  help me

I would like to generate a newvar in my
stata database to using two oldvar in format
date (DDMMYYYY), I
would like the newvar returns the number
of months (time) between
<date1> and <date2>.

How can I achieve this function in stata? In epi-info I get that with
this function:

DEFINE newvar
ASSIGN newvar =MONTHS(date1, date2)

thank you