Re: st: RE: % of variance in factor analysis

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: % of variance in factor analysis
Date   Thu, 30 May 2013 10:44:50 +0100

Your reply in turn does not help us to know what else to say.

Googling hasn't helped you, so you need an approach that will.
Indeed, here as elsewhere, Googling a very popular technical term is
as likely to turn up dross as gold.

There are many, many sources that explain factor analysis informally
as well as formally. You are at the University of Birmingham, which is
a large British university. Its library will contain dozens of texts
with some account of factor analysis. Find a textbook

1. in your field (we don't know what that is)

2. at your mathematical or statistical level

3. with a chapter on factor analysis

and start there. Or move down-market: look at textbooks for fields
with many students who are _less_ mathematical or statistical than is
typical in your field. (No names here.)