st: FE OLS with few clusters

From   Marc Peters <>
Subject   st: FE OLS with few clusters
Date   Wed, 29 May 2013 15:50:22 -0500

Dear all,

I have a dataset with units clustered into countries and want to
specify a fixed effect regression model. My problem is that the number
of countries in my dataset is very small (only 8) while the number of
observations/country is larger (n=40-350), do I have too few clusters
to run a FE OLS regression? If so, is there some other kind of model I
could run?

Thanks for your help,