st: How to apply Chow test in Fama-MacBeth regressions

From   "LI Mengjia" <>
Subject   st: How to apply Chow test in Fama-MacBeth regressions
Date   Tue, 28 May 2013 14:36:28 +0800 (CST)

Dear Statalists,

I want to test whether the coefficients estimated from Fama-Macbeth regressions (using -xtfmb-) in two samples are significantly different. Since adding a dummy is useless in Fama-Macbeth regressions, I read this article ( and would like to apply Chow test. However, -xtfmb- does not report the error sum of squares directly. Can anyone tell me how to display the error sum of squares in Fama-Macbeth regressions, or how to test the coefficients difference?

Many thanks and regards,