Re: st: RE: simulation: finding the winner, and generating unique values

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: simulation: finding the winner, and generating unique values
Date   Sat, 25 May 2013 08:10:26 -0700

Thank you Kieran,
What you suggest is exactly what I intended. This is a simulation based on an educational testing project, in which a sequence of questions (denoted by variable A), are posed to five volunteers (denoted by variable B) in sequence (hence needing 1-5 for each level of A). And, they will each get the question correct, or not (hence 0 or 1 for C). What you suggest is perfect!

I have two other questions on which to ask your coding advice:
1. The sequence in which volunteers answer the question varies. Thus, I wish to randomly assign the sort order of 1-5, within each level of A.

2. Each volunteer will encounter many questions within a day's work, and I wish to test whether being the first to address a question has an effect on success. Thus, I wish to count, (and test if possible) the total number of correct answers each volunteer gets in a day's work, and whether who goes first (or second, and so on...) influences performance.

Any further advice would be much appreciated, as I appreciate what you've already suggested.

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

--
Pine Street Foundation, since 1989
124 Pine Street | San Anselmo | California | 94960-2674