st: downloading .ado file from personal directory

From   Katie Farrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: downloading .ado file from personal directory
Date   Fri, 24 May 2013 17:39:16 -0400

I had previously had trouble using findit to locate the user-written
program ivqreg, for quantile instrumental variables regression (I
still cannot locate it searching within Stata).  However, I found a
file of program code (.ado file with several accompanying .mo file
extensions and a pdf of the undated Stata Journal article explaining
the code) through an outside search.  My problem now is that I cannot
get Stata to download the code from my computer.  I have never added
user-generated programs from outside of Stata, so it is likely that I
am doing something wrong.

If I use the adopath command and see the folder that stores personal
.ado files on my C drive and copy the relevant files to the personal
folder, what then must I do for Stata to run the program?  I am still
getting the error code r(199) for unrecognized command.

Thanks very much!

Katie