Re: st: Rabe-Hesketh's gllamm: multivariate multilevel dropout model

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Rabe-Hesketh's gllamm: multivariate multilevel dropout model
Date   Fri, 24 May 2013 01:36:10 +0100

The short answer is likely to be that you are doing nothing wrong that
we can identify for you.

-gllamm- (SSC) is a very general, indeed highly versatile, command
that is more like a family of commands. However, many of the models it
covers are difficult to fit -- or conversely many of the models are
often applied to data that aren't suitable. Where to put the blame is
an open and delicate matter. Naturally it is usually impossible to be
clear about suitability before trying a fit, but
having correct syntax is not a guarantee of anything but having correct syntax.

People who are familiar with your kind of model may well be able to
add more specific comments. Means of binary variables being very near
0 or very near 1 can be problematic.

The recent thread starting here has other advice, some specific:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2013-05/msg00665.html