Re: st: Re: svmat is changing numbers - a rounding problem?

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: svmat is changing numbers - a rounding problem?
Date   Thu, 23 May 2013 08:24:58 +0100

You used the default of -svmat- but the full syntax is documented

 svmat [type] A [, names(col|eqcol|matcol|string)]

The key detail is [type]. Click on it in the help and you will get
further information.

You need to specify a -double- or -long- type, whichever is more
appropriate for your data.

Stata puts responsibility on the user when using -generate-  (which is
implicit here) to use the appropriate data type. Your data are too
large for -float-s to hold every digit accurately.