st: Conserving variables and value labels while reshaping wide to long

From   natalia malancu <natalia.malancu@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Conserving variables and value labels while reshaping wide to long
Date   Wed, 22 May 2013 21:18:14 +0200

Hi guys!

I have the following data structure

id da03 da04 ea03 ea04

where d refers to wave 1 of my data and e refers to wave 2.

after reshaping I am left with the variables a03 and a04.

How would a loop structure look like in order to preserve both the
variable and value labels?

Thanks,
Natalia