Re: st: how to make stata run faster

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to make stata run faster
Date   Tue, 21 May 2013 00:39:11 -0400

You should indicate what version of Stata and the specifications of
the platform. The answer might well be "get a better computer." ;)

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Eduardo de Masi <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> Please,
>
> I'm running a transfer function with ARIMA errors (Arimax) in STATA and processing is very slow, is taking three to four hours. My database has 626 observation and my model has five variables, and their lags. What can I do to Stata run faster?
> I have the following memory allocated:
>
> Current memory allocation is:
>
> current                                 memory usage
> settable          value     description                 (1M = 1024k)
> set maxvar         5000     max. variables allowed           1.909M
> set memory       200M    max. data space                      200.000M
> set matsize        5000     max. RHS vars in models        191.154M
> -----------
> 393.063M
>
> Thanks,
> Eduardo de Masi
> PhD student in Sciences

JVVerkuilen, PhD
[email protected]

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy - they smashed up things and
creatures and then retreated back into their money of their vast
carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let
other people clean up the mess they had made." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald