Re: st: Use of Stata now fastest growing

Subject   Re: st: Use of Stata now fastest growing
Date   Thu, 16 May 2013 22:10:14 -0500

Don't forget that there was a good deal of uncertainty about what's
going with SPSS when IBM bought it (was it 2008? 2009?), and it was
renamed PASW at some point, etc.

Do citations of the Stata Journal show a similar pattern? Not sure if
other packages have their dedicated journals, although you one can
arguably view Journal of Statistical Software as the mostly R outlet.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer
-- http://stas.kolenikov.name