RE: Re: Re: st: detonator plot with three grouping variables

From   "Seed, Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: Re: st: detonator plot with three grouping variables
Date   Mon, 13 May 2013 18:26:12 +0000

Thank you Nick,

I didn't used -by()- because it isn't in the help file for stripplot.
However, it is usefully flexible.  You can actually put more than
variable in, which saves you from creating the variable group.
Also, you can specify one row only, which (to my eyes) improves the plot.

Reading the plot, it appears that price is very variable in the
domestic cars with poor repair records - some the most
expensive cars and the cheapest have the worst records;
a fact that might have been missed if only means and SE had been shown.

************** Start code  ********************
* Set up data as before

* No longer needed
* egen group = group(lwst foreign), label

#delim ;
stripplot price, over(rep_78_) bar(mean(ms(smx)
msize(huge) ) msize(vhuge) level(68)) vertical centre
jitter(2) boffset(0) ylabel(0(5000)20000, ang(h))
by(lwst foreign, note("") row(1))
;

#delim cr

BW

Paul T Seed, Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics,
Division of Women's Health, King's College London
Women's Health Academic Centre, King's Health Partners
(+44) (0) 20 7188 3642.