Re: st: Obtaining the estimated residuals

From   Federico Belotti <>
Subject   Re: st: Obtaining the estimated residuals
Date   Mon, 13 May 2013 19:41:00 +0200

Dear Gabriel,

I'm assuming that the command you have used to estimate your model is -xtreg-. Thus, the command you are looking for is

predict res, e

You can find detail by looking at the related help file

help xtreg postestimation

then click on the -predict- link.

On May 13, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Gabriel wrote:

> I want to obtain the estimated residuals from an unbalanced panel estimated
> with the within estimator. When I use "estimates store' and check 'data
> editor' I see value 1 for present obeservations and value zero for the
> missing residuals. How do I get the values for the residuals measured as Y
> minus predicted Y?
> It seems very trivial but I'm not able to find an answer. Some help would be
> very much appreciated.
> --
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

Federico Belotti, PhD
Research Fellow
Centre for Economics and International Studies
University of Rome Tor Vergata
tel/fax: +39 06 7259 5627