st: spmon example problem

From   Frank D Lopresti <>
Subject   st: spmon example problem
Date   Sat, 11 May 2013 09:59:31 -0400

I'm running stata 12 SE and trying to run Neumayer and Plumper's example from

I downloaded data and .do file and get the error message "too many
variables specified" when I run the first command they suggest.

spmon  tax_k, weight(contig_or_less1000km) i(country_i) k(country_k)
time(year) sename(SL_monadic_W_contig) filename(SL_monadic_W_contig)

any ideas appreciated.   thank you.  Frank Lopresti