st: Execute a unix command within stata

From   Brian Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Execute a unix command within stata
Date   Fri, 10 May 2013 15:07:16 -0400

Is it possible to execute a unix command within stata?  I often flip between stata and sas depending on the project and it would be helpful to be able to execute a sas file from stata.  Usually I'm running stata in batch mode on unix so I'd like to be able to execute a unix command within a do file.  For example when I'm using sas, I can use the command below to execute a stata do file

x 'stata -b do statacommands.do'

Is there an analogous command in stata that would let me run a unix command in the middle of a do file?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Wolfe
Indiana University