re: st: multiple indirect effects with binary mediators

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: multiple indirect effects with binary mediators
Date   Wed, 8 May 2013 11:25:44 -0400

It seems to me that you will have to rescale the variables in order to have
the results on the same scale across variable types.

See the following references that speak to this:

Winship, C., Mare, R.D.: Structural equations and path analysis for discrete
data. American Journal of Sociology 89, 54-110 (1983)

Winship, C., Mare, R.D.: Regression models with ordinal variables. American
Sociological Review 49, 512-525 (1984)

Wooldridge, J.M.: Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data. MIT
Press, Cambridge, MA (2002)

Cramer, J.S.: Logit Models. From Economics and Other Fields. Cambridge
University Press, Cambridge (2003)

MacKinnon, D.P., Dwyer, J.H.: Estimation of mediated effects in prevention
studies. Evaluation Review 17, 144-58 (1993)

Karlson,  K.B., Holm, A.: Decomposing primary and secondary effects: A new
decomposition method. Research in Stratification and Social Mobility 29,
221-237 (2011)

Karlson, K.B., Holm, A., Breen. R.: Comparing regression coefficients
between models using logit and probit: A new method. Sociological
Methodology 42, 274-301 (2012)

Kohler, U., Karlson, K.B., Holm A.: Comparing coefficients of nested
nonlinear probability models. The Stata Journal 11, 420-438 (2011)

Karlson, Holm, and Breen; 2012; Karlson and Holm 2011; Kohler, Karlson, and
Holm 2011