RE: st: Problems imputting data

From   "Miguel Angel Duran" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Problems imputting data
Date   Wed, 8 May 2013 14:01:08 +0200

Thanks all for your help. I think that I solved the problem. The problem
seems to be, indeed, in the Excel files.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] En nombre de Nick Cox
Enviado el: miércoles, 08 de mayo de 2013 11:24
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: Re: st: Problems imputting data

Almost certainly the problem lies in your Excel files. Many Excel users mix
numeric and text cells in the same column and Stata has only limited scope
for dealing with that. In essence, you already know that, but there is no
magic fix.

An old FAQ may still be relevant:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data-management/converting-excel-files/