Re: st: Problem in the execution of the do-file

Subject   Re: st: Problem in the execution of the do-file
Date   Mon, 6 May 2013 12:43:14 -0400

Ana,

1. Is this a Mac? Or perhaps are you working on a server? some sort of
sharing environment?

2. type
tempfile a
display `"`a'"'
What do you get?

3. in the beginning of your do file add the following:
window stopbox note `"`c(pwd)'"'
Do or Run the file, do you see the message? What does it say?

4. Can you run other do files? Do they work properly?

5. Save your do file from the editor to a particular folder. Keep it
as simple as possible, e.g. C:\Temp\file.do. Note if you are working
on a server your admin may restrict you to a particular domain. Can
you execute your file from that location? On a Mac you are probably ok
to save a file to your desktop. Most probably that will allow you to
start your do file.

Best, Sergiy