Re: st: taking the average of duplicate observations

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: taking the average of duplicate observations
Date   Fri, 3 May 2013 12:01:37 +0100

Your reference to another post lacks a URL, nor can we comment on code
that you don't show us, but there is a one-word solution: -collapse-.

collapse rainfall, by(station year month)

But I've worked a lot with rainfall data, and I'm puzzled at what you
are doing here. If these are daily data, the convention is to use
totals, not means. -collapse- can do that too.