Re: st: Deleting entire panel id/group if condition is true for first year

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: Deleting entire panel id/group if condition is true for first year
Date   Wed, 1 May 2013 14:34:50 +0100

Stata makes this kind of change extremely easy.

bysort id (whatever) : keep if !missing(whatever[_N]) & _N >= 6

-sort-ing within panels means that any missings are sorted to last.

This is covered in any tutorial on -by:-.

Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com