st: intraclass correlation?

From   Harrison Alter <>
Subject   st: intraclass correlation?
Date   Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:52:31 -0700

Hello Statalisters,

I have a dataset of 47 patients, each with 106 variables.  Each of
these patient's charts was abstracted by 2 raters, of a pool of 3.
The data are in wide format, so that each observation looks something
like this:

ID   Sex_EL    Sex_ SH    Sex_RO     DOB_EL    DOB_SH     DOB_RO
1        1                .               1               11/8/55
   .             11/8/55

The outcomes of interest are scores on a 16-point symptom scale, and
total drug dose in milligrams,10 outcomes in all, all continuous.

I would like to calculate a measure of inter-rater agreement, focusing
on the outcomes of interest.  I understand that kappa works best with
dichotomous outcomes, so I would like to perform some measure of
intraclass correlation.

(1) Is this the right approach?
(2) What is the right analytic test?
(3) Can I do it in wide or must I reshape?  Since all 106 variables
repeat 3 times, that will be a lot of work!

Happy to provide any details that might help in solving my problem.

Harrison Alter

Harrison Alter, MD, MS, FACEP
Research Director
Department of Emergency Medicine
Alameda County Medical Center - Highland Campus
1411 East 31st Street
Oakland, California 94602

Executive Director
Andrew Levitt Center for Social Emergency Medicine