st: Coeflabels/esttab shortening strings

From   Neesha Harnam <>
Subject   st: Coeflabels/esttab shortening strings
Date   Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:53:23 +0100

I am trying to export stata output into a csv file, but the string text (not variable names) in the csv file keeps getting shortened in strange ways when longer than a certain length (not sure what determines this length).

The code I am using is as follows (using Stata 12.1 for Mac):

. foreach gname of local hDvars {
. esttab L5`gname' L4`gname' L3`gname' L2`gname' L1`gname' `gname' F1`gname' F2`gname' F3`gname' F4`gname' F5`gname' using DiffRRCris.csv, plain `csvcistats' `fmt' `cristites' coeflabels(bankcrisis "`gname'.bank" currcrisis "`gname'.curr" totdebtcrisis "`gname'.totdebt") append
. }

Examples of the problematic output are as follows:

They should instead read:

This does not happen when I save the file as an rtf file, and only happens in csv (which is the format I need it in). I tried looking to see if there was a command within coeflabels to preserve the entire length of text for the labels, but could not find any. If anyone could point me toward that, or suggest an alternative, I would be grateful.

Thank you,