st: runmplus does not recognize the Mplus version 7 demo

From   Garth Rauscher <garthr@uic.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: runmplus does not recognize the Mplus version 7 demo
Date   Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:11:07 -0500

I believe that runmplus was written when Mplus was in version 6, and
it works with version 6 of the  free MPlus demo. I am trying to use
runmplus in combination with the currently available free demo
(version 7). I am having a problem with numerous students in my class
who are unable to get runmplus to work with the version7 demo.
According to the error message it cannot seem to find or does not
recognize the version 7 demo. I don't think the version 6 demo is
available as a download anymore. I did try replacing all strings of
demo6 with demo7 within the runmplus ado file but that did not seem to
solve the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Garth

Garth H Rauscher
Associate Professor of Epidemiology
University of Illinois at Chicago
School of Public Health
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
1603 West Taylor Street (SPHPI, M/C 923)
Chicago, IL 60612
(312) 413-4317 phone