st: competing risks with repeated ordered events

To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: competing risks with repeated ordered events
Date   Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:00:09 +0800

CG writes:

>I know of stcrreg for competing risks and how to use stcox in a multiple
>failure setting, but no clue how to "merge" both.

I suspect given how recent the theory behind stcrreg is, any
extensions to multiple failure would be novel territory. I'd be
tempted to run multiple stcrreg analyses; one for the first failure,
another for the second, etc. It's downgrading your data, but at least
you'll be on solid statistical ground.

This might also be useful, although a totally different approach it
might still address your study aims.

Biometrics. 1985 Mar;41(1):49-54."Case-control methods in the presence
of multiple failure times and competing risks" Lubin JH.

Andrew Lover
Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology Research (CIDER)
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
National University of Singapore