RE: st: question about the interaction term

From   ZHVictor <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: question about the interaction term
Date   Thu, 25 Apr 2013 04:12:58 +0000

Dear David,
Thank you for your response. I understand what you are saying.
In B=0 case, I have a significant slope for A
In B=1 case, the slope of A becomes coefficient of A+coefficient of A*B, however it becomes insignificant.
A*B is an interaction term. I have an insignificant coefficient of A*B. That means the coefficient of A*B is like 0
Thus, in B=1 case, the slope of A is like coefficient of A+0. Therefore, I am expecting in B=1 case, the slope of A should be also significant as in B=0 case.
That is where I am confused.
Thank you!