st: Keepping observations that satisfy a concrete feature in the last period

From   "Miguel Angel Duran" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Keepping observations that satisfy a concrete feature in the last period
Date   Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:55:11 +0200

I would like to analyze separately agents that have a particular feature, eg
their size in the last period is large. But I don't know how to tell Stata
that the criterion is the size in the last period. Will anyone please help
me to find out how this can be done?

To illustrate what I pretend, consider this dataset:

time	id	size
1	100	29
1	200	26
2	100	33
2	200	34
3	100	43
3	200	44
3	300	45

Althoug id=100 is larger in the first period than id=200, I would like to
keep id=200 (because it is larger in time=3). In addition, I would like to
keep id=300 (that just appear in time=3).

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Miguel.