Re: st: Start/End dates to ongoing count indicators

From   Jeremy Wells <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Start/End dates to ongoing count indicators
Date   Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:40:35 -0500

I think that got it, but I needed to use -collapse- instead because I also had
some interval-level variables that needed to be summed.

Thanks!

Jeremy Wells
Ph.D. Student
LSU Dept. of Poli. Sci.
324 Stubbs Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803

I assume numeric variables with formats showing Stata weekly dates.

First you need an observation identifier

gen long obsid = _n

and then a duration count

gen duration = EndDt - StDt  + 1

and then you want one observation per week

expand duration

Tidy up the dates

bysort obsid : gen Week = StDt[1] + _n - 1

Then

contract Week Class

and finally it's a -reshape-.

On 23 April 2013 17:04, Jeremy Wells <