Re: st: how do you drop repeated values in a variable to remain with only one?

From   daniel klein <klein.daniel.81@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: how do you drop repeated values in a variable to remain with only one?
Date   Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:37:00 +0200

Gwinyai,

I do not fully understand your problem due to the fact that, despite
otherwise adivesed in the FAQ, you do not show what exactly you typed
(in fact, you do not show us any syntax). Anyway, -duplicates drop-
works very fine for me

clear
inp A
1
2
2
2
3
3
4
5
5
6
6
6
end
duplicates drop A ,force

Could you reformulate your problem, showing us what exactly you typed,
what Stata did in response and why it is not what you would expect?

Best
Daniel

--

Dear Stata list,

I have a dataset  with variable A, which has repeated  values:

[...]
I have tried the duplicates drop command, but it does not work as the
repeated values are not duplicates, but say different hospital visits by
 the same individual.