Re: st: t-test query

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: t-test query
Date   Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:40:22 +0100

Stata of course is just following your instructions here!

The outer loop over 4/4 serves no purpose here.

In essence you have

foreach j in health married hispanic college  {
     ttest `j' if (sample4 ==1), by(treatment) unequal
}

and you want to add informative text. One example is

foreach j in health married hispanic college  {
     di "`j'"  _n
     ttest `j' if (sample4 ==1), by(treatment) unequal
}

and you can add whatever decoration you want

foreach j in health married hispanic college  {
     di "{title:`j'}"  _n
     ttest `j' if (sample4 ==1), by(treatment) unequal
}

See the help for -display- and for -smcl-.