Re: st: Quantile regression: determine to which quantile an individual belongs

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Quantile regression: determine to which quantile an individual belongs
Date   Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:25:19 +0100

We agree on the main point.

But -round(whatever, 0.01)- is not an especially good idea because
most multiples of 0.01 can not be held exactly in binary and people
who don't understand that get into awkward small messes.

A more systematic approach is explained at

FAQ     . . . . . . . . . . Calculating percentile ranks or plotting positions
        7/02    How can I calculate percentile ranks?
                How can I calculate plotting positions?
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/statistics/percentile-ranks-and-plotting-positions/