Re: st: Removing outliers from my dataset

From   David Kantor <kantor.d@att.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Removing outliers from my dataset
Date   Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:50:01 -0400

At 10:30 AM 4/16/2013, Nick wrote, in response to Andreas:
now you are implying that such values are bogus as well as extreme.

It may not apply to this situation, but it is worth noting that, often, the signature of bogus data is that it is too regular.
You need to be alert for extreme inliers.
--David