Re:st: problems with ssc install

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re:st: problems with ssc install
Date   Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:36:07 +0000

On Apr 16, 2013, at 2:33 AM,Paolo wrote:

> Hello I am trying to retrieve the ivreg2 routine from te web. This is
> what I get each time I try
> ssc install ivreg2
> connection timed out -- see help r(2) for troubleshooting
> either
>  1)  is not a valid URL, or
>  2)  could not be contacted, or
>  3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).
> Could you help me?

It is likely that your employer has restricted internet web browser access. Can you do

update query

If you cannot, then you need to set the Proxy Server settings in Preferences->Internet within Stata, with the help of your I/T support.

                             An Introduction to Stata Programming  |