Re: st: quantile-quantile plots

From   "Yu Chen, PhD" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: quantile-quantile plots
Date   Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:07:00 -0500

In economics, sometimes the vertical axis is used to plot independent
variable, and the horizontal axis is used to plot the dependent
variable. For example, when price goes up, you may buy less food.
Price is plotted in vertical axis, and the quantity of food is plotted
in horizontal axis. The curve is downward sloping. That might be the
reason that you heard people saying plot x versus y.