RE: R: st: problem of data management

From   Iodice Federico <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: R: st: problem of data management
Date   Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:56:25 +0200

we have included, for shortness sake only few variables, which makes some observations look like duplicate. However, the observation that looks like a duplicate is not a duplicate. It refers in fact to the same individual being observed again, but with a different outcome variable. To show this, we have added a different column to show what we mean:

ID     GENDER        AGE    TIME   Outcome       Sector
861    woman         50-54  1      861           Petrol & gas
848    woman         25-29  1      848           consumer goods
820    man           50-54  1      820           consumer goods
861    woman         50-54  1      869           Petrol & gas
820    man           50-54  1      870           services
860    woman         50-54  1      890           services
860    woman         50-54  2      895           consumer goods
860    woman         50-54  1      900           consumer goods

In other words, the same individual has been observed another time, because she has found a new job. I hope it is now clear what we mean. In fact, there are also other variables that are different, such as the time when the new contract has been signed, the type of contract and so on.