Re: st: Combining and repeating value from another dataset

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: Combining and repeating value from another dataset
Date   Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:38:43 +0100

You don't need anything fancy.

Suppose the one value in Y.dta is 42.

In X data, you just go

gen e = 42

That's it. (If the value is a string value, say "Stata is easy", it's
the same story.)

That said, why do this? What analyses need it?

Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com