st: How to make a contingency table and chi-square test?

From   李 梦佳 <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to make a contingency table and chi-square test?
Date   Sun, 14 Apr 2013 15:03:59 +0800

Dear statalist,

How to make a contingency table of my following panel data and report the chi-square value?

fund code	female	institute	individual	time
----------------+-------------------------------------------------------
000001.OF	0		0.234	0.766		200506
000002.OF	1		0.201	0.799		200506
⋯⋯
000001.OF	0		0.283	0.717		201012
000002.OF	1		0.256	0.744		201012

I wish to make a contingency table like the following and test whether females attracts more individual investors than institute investors, as well as whether females attract more institute/individual investors than males.
			Male	Female
----------------+----------------------------
institute          f1		f2
individual      f3		f4

(Basically, f1+f2+f3+f4=1. I just wish to test whether f1=f2, f1=f3, f3=f4, f2=f4 at the same time using chi-square)

I tried the following codes but failed:

. tabulate institute individual
too many values
r(134);

. tab institute individual, ch
too many values
r(134);

. symmetry institute female
too many values
r(134);

. symmetry institute female, exact
too many values
r(134);

. symmetry institute female, contrib
too many values
r(134);

Could anyone kindly enlighten me how to do this?

Many thanks,
Mengjia