st: Parallel lines assumption violated in gologit2

From   Boudewijn Vermolen <>
Subject   st: Parallel lines assumption violated in gologit2
Date   Sat, 13 Apr 2013 02:48:10 +0200

For our analysis we needed to run an ordered logistic regression.
A brant test showed a violation of the parallel lines assumption.
Therefore as an alternative to the ologit we decided to use the
gologit2 command with the both the svy as the autofit option.
The gologit2 however reports a significant test statistic indicating
that the final model still violates the proportional
odds/parallel-lines assumption. What  implications does this have for
the interpretation of the regression results. Is it necessary to fix
for this violation and if so how do we do