st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Unexpected error message with xtivreg2 - xtfevd already defined

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Unexpected error message with xtivreg2 - xtfevd already defined
Date   Fri, 12 Apr 2013 07:37:59 +0000

Hi Mark,
Oh sorry. I downloaded it from Stata using "ssc install xtivreg2". This is what I get when I ask for the version:

c:\ado\plus\x\xtivreg2.ado
*! xtivreg2 1.0.13 28Aug2011
*! author mes

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Schaffer, Mark E
Sent: venerdì, 12. aprile 2013 01:17
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: RE: RE: Unexpected error message with xtivreg2 - xtfevd already defined

Laura,

You haven't said which version of xtivreg2 you are using.  From within Stata

which xtivreg2, all

will tell you.

Also, "using SSC" suggests to me you downloaded it from the web and installed it by hand, which is not a good idea.  If this is what you did, you should get rid of it and reinstall it from within Stata using the ssc command or equivalent.

My guess is that you have a corrupted installation.  xtivreg2 has nothing to do with xtfevd.

HTH,
Mark

-----