RE: st: Graphing multiple series groups

From   Arya Eskamani <Arya.Eskamani@assist-rx.com>
Subject   RE: st: Graphing multiple series groups
Date   Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:34:16 +0000

Hello Statalisters

I'm attempting to find an easier equivalent of the following:

graph twoway ///
line yvar xvar if group == 1 || ///
line yvar xvar if group == 2 || ///
line yvar xvar if group == n ||

I'm interested in showing how the different "groups" compare to each other all on one graph, not separate the groups into different graphs.  Now if my dataset only has a small number of groups this is easy enough, but suppose I had 5000 groups, this method means I have to write 5000 lines for each group.  Is there an easier way to create the equivalent above without writing so much code?  Thank you.

Arya Eskamani, M.S.
Project Manager
4700 Millenia Blvd | Ste 500 | Orlando, FL 32839
407.367.2880 Phone | 877.313.4412 eFax
www.assist-rx.com | arya.eskamani@assist-rx.com