Re: st: 2SLS with first stage duration model

From   Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: 2SLS with first stage duration model
Date   Fri, 5 Apr 2013 20:13:59 -0400

This looks similar to the "forbidden regression"

http://people.duke.edu/~ay32/metrics/Regression.pdf

Also look at Angrist & Pischke, Mostly Harmless Econometrics, p.p. 190.

Since your first stage is nonlinear and the second stage is linear. So
probably the method you are suggesting is not a good idea. A probably
better idea , in line with this literature, is to use SP_hat as an
instrument for SP in the second stage. But I am not sure if this works
in your setting.

Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez