st: Panel Data Within Outside Region Effects

From   Massimiliano Sassone <massimilianosassone@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Panel Data Within Outside Region Effects
Date   Fri, 5 Apr 2013 16:48:13 +0800

Dear all,

I am trying to evaluate the effects that FDI have on the Private
Economy using Stata 11.
I am running -xtreg, fe- on a panel data with 31 regions, named 1 to
31,  and 8 years, 2000 to 2008. I chose the fixed effects method after
having interpreted the results of the -xtoverid- test.

My question is:
how can I use Stata to evaluate the Within Region and Outside Region
FDI effect on the Private Economy?

For example, how can I check the effects that FDI in Region 1 have on
the Private Economy in Region 1 itself, and in all the other Regions
(2-31) combined?

I hope the question is clear enough.

Thank you very much for the support

Massimiliano (Max) Sassone