Re: st: How do you select and describe a single variable of interest from a merged dataset but avoiding duplication (due to the merge)?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: How do you select and describe a single variable of interest from a merged dataset but avoiding duplication (due to the merge)?
Date   Thu, 4 Apr 2013 17:48:15 +0100

Look at the -tag()- function of the -egen- command. (It was mentioned
earlier today in another thread; posters should read Statalist as well
as write to it!)

Here is a dopey example:

. sysuse auto, clear
(1978 Automobile Data)