Re: st: select three non-identical random elements

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: select three non-identical random elements
Date   Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:09:33 +0100

-levelsof- is a command, not a macro. See e.g.

Here's an example of one way to do it.

sysuse auto
egen tag = tag(rep78)
sort tag
levelsof rep78 in -3/L

You might well want to introduce more randomness that you could control.

If this problem arose again and again for me, and no one suggested a
better solution, I'd write a Mata-based command.