st: playing a media sound (.wav) from Stata in Windows 7

From   <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: playing a media sound (.wav) from Stata in Windows 7
Date   Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:49:43 +0100

At the end of a do file that takes hours to run, I was previously able to get Stata 11 to notify me by playing a .wav sound from the media folder on my windows XP laptop, for instance:
!mplay32 /play /close  C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav
I now have a Windows 7 machine, and the same version of Stata. I have tried all of the below:
!mplay32 /play /close  C:\Wndows\Media\tada.wav
!mplayer2 /play /close C:\Windows\Media\tada.wav
!"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer" C:\Windows\Media\tada.wav // (this is the only one that works from the cmd prompt)
!"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2" C:\Windows\Media\tada.wav
!wmplayer /play /close  "C:\Windows\Media\tada.wav"
....and various permutations of these. None work in Stata. I doubt I could get the .wav to play once and stop using wmplayer anyway, but does anyone have an idea of what might have changed in windows 7 in how stata calls other programmes.