Re: st: Loop through to Import Multiple Excel Files

From   daniel klein <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Loop through to Import Multiple Excel Files
Date   Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:01:42 +0200

see -xls2dta- from the SSC for a canned solution.

Hi all (again),

I want to import multiple Excel files into STATA and then save these
as .dta files as an automatic process. This is my code so far:

local mylist "AB" "RB" "PC" "LS" "GO"

foreach x of local mylist {

import excel "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Teaching\Marks_`"x"'.xlsx",
sheet("TI") firstrow clear

save mylist, replace

STATA can't seem to recognise this, which I don't really understand
either. Is it because I might have too many quotation marks or is the
setup incorrect?