st: Stata Module with binary mata matrix files

From   George Vega Yon <g.vegayon@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Stata Module with binary mata matrix files
Date   Mon, 1 Apr 2013 11:13:22 -0300

Dear Statalisters,

Recently I've developed a module which computes "Unitary Required
Capital" (Capital Necesario Unitario [in spanish] or CNU) of the
Chilean Pensions System which is mainly based in defined vectors
(discount rates) and matrices (mortality tables).

As this algorithm requires a big number of calculations each time it
runs, I've implented it in Mata. The thing is that, as I want to share
this through SSC, in order for the module to work, binary Mata matrix
files (with the discount rates and mortality tables) should be
included with the module. What is the best way to do this? Does SSC
supports this, I mean, installing Binary Files with the ado files?

Thanks in advanced,

George Vega Yon
http://cl.linkedin.com/in/georgevegayon