st: Chow test quadratic effect

From   natalia malancu <>
Subject   st: Chow test quadratic effect
Date   Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:18:02 +0100

Hi all,

I am estimating a mlogit model on two different groups. I then want to
test if there is a structural change. My
question is: how do I do Chow Test in stata if I have a quadratic term?

webuse sysdsn4
gen agesq=age*age

 mlogit insure age agesq if male==1, base(1)
     estimates store m1
qui mlogit insure age agesq if male==0, base(1)
     estimates store m2
  suest m1 m2

for the main effect I use:
 test [m1_Prepaid]age =[m2_Prepaid]age

If I am to consider age and agesq at the same time, then how do I do
so? Or should I just test them separately?

Thanks for helping,