Re: st: How to put max and min values in a loop

From   Xixi Lin <>
Subject   Re: st: How to put max and min values in a loop
Date   Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:59:50 -0400

Hi Nick,

You are right, the min() and max() seems to be not working. My
original code is like:
   foreach z of numlist 2/120 {
   foreach x in x1 x2 x3 x4 x5{
   foreach j of numlist 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55{
      qui ttest Return if inlist(group_`x',1,10) & Period==`z' &
Sector==`j', by(group_`x') unequal
      display "`x'"   "Period "  "`z'"  "Sector "  "`j'" `r(p_l)'
`r(p)'  `r(p_u)'

however, for some independent variables, group 10 is not available,
and I wanna use 9 instead, that is why I try to use max() instead of
specifying 10 or 9 or even 8 . Do you know how to change the code
which will ttest the first group and the last group?

Thank you so much.

Xixi Lin